Friday, August 18, 2006

Life is on...

Life is on…

My recent tryst with technology has been in the form of a site: www.orkut.com which made me realize that life is on and on and on…

Life is just one damned thing after another. ~Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Having positioned myself on the net through this site, I have been able to get my memoir, through all those people who have been an ephemeral part of my life or who have been there for me. All those ol’ pals brought back the memories afresh. Now if I sit and look back at what has been my journey like, this topsy-turvy has already passed so many stations and then ‘they’ say you still have to learn how to live in this world?

Being a ‘Gemini’, I have always had the fantasies to hallucinate about what could have been my alternate track in life (remember ‘The Twins’ in a Gemini). I don’t claim that what I have done is the best possible nor that it could not have been done in a better way, but given the circumstances what I see it as is what has been done out of ‘free will’ (remember the movie ‘Bruce Almighty’). And I would never live to regret it.

It’s now that I realize that my quest for life has given me a swing around the country starting from South India (read Hyderabad) to Chennai, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Jammu & Kashmir, Bathinda, Ujjain, Bhopal, Indore….finally back to South India (Bangalore). But anyone who knows me even a little can tell you that I must have relished this journey as a treat, understanding the child in me who ‘knows’ nothing and has to ‘invent’ everything (who is on the job even as I write).

It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay (1892 - 1950)

It is now that I am forced to divulge it that I have really grown with this experience (& I love it) meeting people from all sorts of backgrounds, listening to languages of different types or going through the unimaginable. Now I understand the ‘diversity’ part in the phrase ‘unity in diversity,’ used as a metaphor for India.

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want. ~Ben Stein

I have to admit that frankly speaking I never paid heed to ‘Ben Stein’. Still let me tell u that the journey has just begun…

Watch out for this space.

3 comments:

Sunil Bhat said...

Minto

ur blog is nice to read. u have captured your phases of career in a short and simple way. we look forward to hear more from your side

mMS said...

Thanx dude! Will get back!

Harshita said...

Hmm.. hope it has been a beautiful journey so far.